- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dahi Vada Recipe
|Urad dal/Null||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Black Lentil Daal without skin)|
|Curd/Null||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ginger/Null||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Jeera powder/Null||2 Teaspoon (cumin)|
|Red chilli powder/Null||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped coriander leaves/Null||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cumin powder/Null||1 Tablespoon (jeera)|
|Thin sev/Null||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Spicy)|
Calories 423 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.8 mg3.9%
Sodium 432.3 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.5%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 16 g33%
Vitamin A 41.8% Vitamin C 33.5%
Calcium 35.8% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Blend dahi (curd/ Yogurt), green chillies, salt, cumin powder, ginger with little water till it is smooth.
2. Blend the curd (yogurt) and little water until it is smooth.
3. Keep in refrigerator for an hour to get chilled.
For Vada -
1. Clean, wash & soak urad daal overnight.
2. Grind it to smooth paste.
3. Add salt to taste.
4. Heat oil in kadhai. Add spoonful of batter. Fry till it get golden brown.
5. Take water in a bowl. Place hot vadas in water till next batch of vadas is ready.
6. Remove vadas and gently press between your palms so that excess water oozes out.
7. Repeat this process for all remaining batter.
8. Place these vadas in deep dish. Pour prepared dahi till all vadas get soaked in Dahi.
1. Place vadas in serving bowl.
2. Pour dahi mixture evenly on Vadas.
3. Sprinkle some red chilli , cumin powder.
4. Garnish with coriander leaves, thin shev, tamarind chutney (optional)