- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Czechoslovakian Cookies Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Walnuts/Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Strawberry jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1086 Calories from Fat 561
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.3%
Saturated Fat 31.2 g156.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 213.5 mg71.2%
Sodium 11.9 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 69 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 30.4% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 6% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. In a bowl cream butter until soft and beat adding sugar gradually, until light and fluffy.
3. beat hard adding egg yolks and vanilla.
4. In a bowl sift cardamom and allspice with flour, gradually add to butter mixture, mixing thoroughly and stir in chopped nuts.
5. into a greased 8-inch square cake pan spoon half of the dough and spread evenly.
6. Top with strawberry jam and cover with remaining dough.
7. Bake in the preheated oven 1 hour until lightly browned.
8. Cool and cut into about 1 1/2-inch squares.
9. Serve Czechoslovakian Cookies with beverages or milk.