- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Czech Beer Soup Pivni Polevka Recipe
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Half and half/Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.7%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.5 mg
Sodium 94 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 0.91%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, combine beer, water, sugar, butter and salt.
2. Place the pan on a very low flame and heat the liquid without letting it boil or simmer.
3. Whisk the egg yolks until thick and pale then blend in the cream.
4. Add a little of the hot liquid to this and stir to mix well.
5. While whisking constantly, add the egg-cream mixture to the hot liquid in the saucepan.
6. Cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
7. Ladle the soup into warm soup bowls or cups and serve piping hot.