- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cyprus Salad Recipe
|Haloumi cheese||4 Ounce, diced|
|Lime zest||3⁄4 Tablespoon, grated|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dessert apples||2 , cored and diced|
|Celery stalks||4 , finely sliced|
|Spring onions||8 , finely sliced|
|Sea salt||To Taste (As desired)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground (As desired)|
|Black olives||6 , pitted and sliced|
|Natural yogurt||1⁄4 Pint|
Calories 186 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 0.68 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.9 mg
Sodium 220.5 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 8 g16.1%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 25.5%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine the diced cheese, lime juice and lime zest.
2) Mix well and keep aside, covered, for 30 minutes. Stir once in between.
3) Now, from the bowl, remove the cheese and keep aside.
4) Into the marinade in the bowl, mix in the diced apples.
5) To this, add the celery and onions. Mix gently.
6) On high power, cook covered for 4 minutes, or until soft. The vegetables should not be overcooked.
7) With salt and pepper, season the salad. Let cool well.
8) Once cooled, mix in the cheese, olives and yogurt.
9) Keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until the salad is chilled well.
10) Serve the Cyprus Salad cold, in decorative salad plates.