- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cuttlefish Risotto Nero Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Shellfish stock||3⁄4 Liter|
|Arborio risotto rice||5 Ounce|
|Cuttlefish ink||10 Gram|
|White wine||5 Ounce|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Dash|
|Cuttlefish/Squid||1 Small, prepared|
|Flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon (to garnish)|
Calories 1289 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g45.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1435.4 mg478.5%
Sodium 4961.3 mg206.7%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 209 g417.4%
Vitamin A 113.9% Vitamin C 135.2%
Calcium 116.6% Iron 422.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean and prepare the cuttlefish. Cut it into thin slices and season with salt and pepper.
2) In a large saute pan, melt the butter and add the onion. Stir well.
3) Cover the pan with a piece of dampened greaseproof paper as well as a lid.
4) Cook over low heat till the onion is soft.
5) Remove the paper and stir in the garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
6) In a saucepan, put the stock and gently bring it to a simmer. Keep it hot.
7) Tip the rice into the pan with the garlic and onion and stir with 1 minute. Coat all the grains.
8) Add the wine and stir and cook till it has evaporated.
9) Squeeze the cuttlefish ink from the sachets. Stir well into the rice.
10) Into the rice, stir a ladleful of the hot stock and cook till it has almost evaporated. Stir in another ladleful and cook. Continue to add the stock and cook till the entire stock has been used. This generally takes up to 25 minutes.
11) When the rice is almost cooked and all the stocked has been added, remove the pan from the heat.
12) Into the cooked risotto, add the seasoned cuttlefish and stir well.
13) Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, till the cuttlefish has turned opaque.
14) Divide the risotto between 4 warm serving bowls, season to taste and garnish with parsley. Serve while the risotto is still hot. Toasted bread could make a good accompaniment.