- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Aloo Cutlets - Quick & Easy - Potato Patties (Masala Burger) Recipe Video
|Boiled potatoes||2 Medium, boiled and mashed|
|Bread slices||4 Medium|
|Thick poha||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Soaked in very little water for 15 minutes)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Garam masala||To Taste (Optional)|
|Chaat masala||To Taste (Optional)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander and cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.1%
Saturated Fat 0.68 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 186.9 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak poha (beaten rice) in a little water for about 15 minutes.
2. Take a bowl with boiled and mashed potatoes in it. Dip the bread slices in water, squeeze out the water and add them into the bowl with the mashed potatoes.
3. Add the soaked poha and salt to taste.
4. Add brown sugar (optional), ginger, garlic and green chili paste, sesame seeds, freshly chopped cilantro, garam masala, chaat masala, turmeric powder, coriander and cumin powder and a little fresh lime juice. Mix well using your hands to combine the ingredients well.
5. Take small portions of the prepared mix and make patties with your hands. Using a cookie cutter, you can cut shapes, if desired.
6. Heat a pan with oil, and deep fry the cutlets until golden brown.
7. Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.