- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Custard Sauce Recipe
|Cornflour||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Castor sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Vanilla essence||2 Drop (Few Drops)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 354 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 235.5 mg
Sodium 166.5 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.05 g0.22%
Sugars 41.4 g
Protein 14 g28.1%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 29.8% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small basin, combine 2-3 tablespoons of the milk, add the cornflour and blend thoroughly.
2) Heat the remaining milk in a pan to just under boiling point.
3) Remove the pan from the heat and stir into the cornflour mixture.
4) Blend well and pour back into the saucepan.
5) Bring up to the boil stirring all the time until thickened.
6) Simmer for 1-2 minutes, then draw off the heat.
7) Stir in the sugar, the lightly-mixed egg and a few drops of vanilla essence.
8) Strain into a heated jug.
9) Serve the sustard sauce with hot pies and puddings.