- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Custard Pudding Recipe
|Caster sugar||5 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop (optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1047 Calories from Fat 515
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89%
Saturated Fat 30.3 g151.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 905.6 mg
Sodium 349.7 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 101.2 g
Protein 33 g66.1%
Vitamin A 43.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 64.1% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease the pie dish with butter.
2) In a saucepan, add milk and lemon rind if using, and scald.
3) In a bowl, combine the eggs and yolks and whisk without allowing to get frothy.
4) Mix in the sugar and if using then, vanilla and blend into the milk.
5) Discard the lemon rind and strain custard into the pie dish.
6) On the surface drizzle the butter and sprinkle a little nutmeg.
7) Place the dish in a bain-marie and bake at 350-375°F or Mark 4-5 for 35-40 minutes.
8) The pudding should have a well browned top and should be just firm enough.
9) Serve hot or cold with a garnish of lemon rind.