- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Custard Pie Recipe
|Milk||330 Milliliter (1 1/3 Cup)|
|Sugar||240 Milliliter (2/3 Cup)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pie crust||1 (Uncooked)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2370 Calories from Fat 752
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g128.6%
Saturated Fat 33.2 g166%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 667.4 mg
Sodium 1551.6 mg64.6%
Total Carbohydrates 377 g125.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 258.6 g
Protein 36 g72.8%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 47.9% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
– In a small saucepan, heat milk until warm.
– In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and salt until smooth.
– Pour warm milk over egg mixture and stir constantly. Add vanilla extract and nutmeg.
– Line a 9-inch (22-cm) pie plate with crust. Pour in filling and bake 10 minutes.
– Reduce heat to 350 °F (175 °C) and bake 35 minutes. Check after 20 minutes. If the pie appears to be browning too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil and finish the baking.