- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cuscinetti Di Vitello Recipe
|Veal escalopes||16 (thin, 4 inch squares)|
|Fontina cheese slice/Gruyere cheese slice||8 (thin, 3 1/2 inch squares)|
|Thin prosciutto slice||3 (3 inch squares)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||6 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Beef stock||1⁄4 Pint|
Calories 1331 Calories from Fat 367
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.3%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 990.1 mg
Sodium 804.8 mg33.5%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.17 g0.67%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 221 g442.2%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 0.19%
Calcium 16% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a square of prosciutto and a cheese slice on every 8 veal escalopes being used.
2. Top with the remaining escalopes. ( Check if the veal is covering the ham and cheese totally).
3. Press veal edges to seal them. Use a heavy bottle or flat of a cleaver for the purpose.
4. Add pepper and salt as seasonings.
5. Dip in flour. Shake after dipping to get rid of excess flour.
6. In a large frying pan add oil. Melt butter in the oil over medium heat.
7. Add cuscinetti 3-4 at a time as soon as the foam subsides.
8. In the hot fat cook and turn using a perforrated spoon till the slice is golden brown on both its sides.
9. Lift cuscinetti when brown and keep them aside.
10. Discard the fat from pan. Leave a slight film of fat in the bottom section of the pan.
11. Pour wine in the pan. Boil briskly and keep stirring. Scrape off any brown bit clinging in the pan.
12. Boil till the wine reduces to 3 tablespoons.
13. Add 6 tablespoons of stock. Boil till it simmers.
14. Return the veal to pan. Cover and then simmer over low heat for 12 minutes. Turn cuscinetti over 5 minutes.
15. In a heated serving dish transfer the cuscinetti. Add the remaining stock to pan.
16. Boil stock and pan juices. Cook for 1 minutes.
17. Taste the seasoning.
18. Serve Cuscinetti Di Vitello with sauce.