- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Curry Rice (카레라이스) Recipe Video
|Korean curry powder||6 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breast||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|Salt||6 Pinch (2 pinches of salt when frying each vegetable)|
|Salt & pepper||2 Pinch (For frying the chicken)|
Calories 485 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1034.3 mg43.1%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 20.5 g82.2%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 23 g46.2%
Vitamin A 119.3% Vitamin C 69.4%
Calcium 26.2% Iron 81.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oil in a medium pan and fry the potato, onion and carrot separately with some salt. Fry until the vegetables are almost cooked.
2. Fry the chicken separately with a pinch of salt and pepper until the chicken is completely cooked.
3. Take a bowl and combine the curry powder and water and mix well to make the curry paste.
4. Take a saucepan and add all the fried vegetables and chicken. Add water and boil on high heat. Once it begins boiling add the peas and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Add the curry paste and reduce the temperature to medium. Cook for about 5 more minutes and turn off the heat.
6. Serve the curry warm on top of cooked rice.
Korean curry powder is available in any oriental or Korean store in a variety of low, medium and high on spice content. You can choose the one as per your taste.