- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curry Onion Rings Recipe Video
|Onions||3 Medium, slice (into 3/8 of an inch thick)|
|Cooking oil||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|For the batter|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1259 Calories from Fat 1130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g196.7%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 340.1 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedMixing bowl
1. In a bowl combine all-purpose flour, egg, water, salt, sugar and curry powder, stir until everything is combined and you have a smooth batter.
2. Once done set it aside for 1 hour.
3. Slice the onions into 3/8 inch thick rings, once done separate the onion rings.
4. Preheat the oil in the wok to 360-375 degree, dip the onion rings in the batter and deep fry the onion rings for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Once done place the onion rings on the strainer and drain the excess oil.
6. Serve the onion rings along with a sauce of your choice.