- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curry Roasted Rock Cornish Game hen Recipe
|Rock cornish game hen||6 , thawed|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Bacon slices||4 , diced|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Instant chicken bouillon||2 Teaspoon|
|Apricot nectar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), buttered|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 10016 Calories from Fat 5978
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 665 g1023.7%
Saturated Fat 217.1 g1085.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4339.6 mg
Sodium 3055.8 mg127.3%
Total Carbohydrates 240 g80%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.1%
Sugars 54 g
Protein 717 g1433.6%
Vitamin A 273.8% Vitamin C 153.1%
Calcium 65.5% Iron 211.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix 1 teaspoon salt with pepper and thyme in a cup; sprinkle 1/4 teaspoonful inside each hen; tie legs together. Place hens, breast side up, in a jellyroll pan. Brush with part of the melted butter or margarine.
3. Roast in moderate oven (375°), brushing once or twice with remaining melted butter or margarine and drippings in pan, 1 hour. Cut away strings with scissors; spoon all drippings from pan.
4. While hens roast, saute bacon until almost crisp in a medium-size saucepan; remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper toweling. Stir onion into drippings; saute until soft.
5. Blend in flour, sugar, curry powder, chicken bouillon and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Stir in apricot nectar and lemon juice. Heat, stirring constantly, to boiling; simmer 5 minutes, or until mixture thickens slightly; spoon about half over hens.
6. Roast 10 minutes; spoon remaining curry mixture over top to make a thick coating. Continue roasting 10 minutes, or until hens are tender and richly glazed.
7. Spread rice on a large deep serving platter; arrange hens on top. Spoon carrots at each end.