- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curry Potatoes and Carrots Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Carrots||2 , peeled and cut|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Low sodium bouillon cubes||2 , crushed|
|Potatoes||2 Large, peeled and cubed (soaked in water for 20 minutes and drained)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.2%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.5 mg
Sodium 300.3 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.4%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 113.7% Vitamin C 61%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan add in the butter and melt.
2. Add in the potatoes, stir and cover with lid. Cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
3. After 3 minutes toss the potatoes and add in carrot, cumin and curry powder. Season with salt, pepper, basil, oregano, rosemary and marjoram. Stir for few minutes and add in the onion. Cover the pan with the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in a medium bowl mix together bullion and water. Set aside.
5. Remove the lid and pour in the bullion water into the pan. Bring to boil and cover again, simmer on medium – low heat for 15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
6. Serve Curry Potatoes and Carrots with steamed rice.