- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curry of Sea Food Rizotto Recipe
|Onion||1 , cut finely|
|Apple||1 , cut finely|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lobster||1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh crab meat||1⁄2 Pound, parboiled|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, parboiled|
|Fresh scallops||1⁄2 Pound, parboiled|
|Fresh oysters||1⁄2 Pound, parboiled|
|White wine||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Jigger)|
|Chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice||3 Cup (48 tbs), washed|
|Celery salt||To Taste|
|Maggi sauce||To Taste|
|Consomme/Stock sea food was boiled in||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
Calories 613 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.1 mg
Sodium 729.7 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 33 g66.9%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 13.6%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 27.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash clean and prepare the seafood for the curry.
2. Parboil the seafood and strain cooking liquid, measure 5 cups of stock and keep aside.
3. In a large stock pot or kettle, melt butter over a medium flame..
4. Add onions and apple and sauté till golden and soft
5. Blend in the flour and curry powder and sauté till it starts to foam
6. Gradually pour in the coconut milk and stir till blended to make a smooth sauce.
7. Stir in coconut and parboiled seafood.
8. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer, stirring frequently.
9. Blend in the wine, cream and butter to make a smooth thick sauce.
10. Season to taste and keep curry warm by placing over a pan of simmering water.
11. To make the risotto, in a large saucepan, melt the butter.
12. Saute the onion until well browned.
13. Add the rice, celery salt and sauce and sauté for a few minutes until rice is translucent.
14. Add the stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover the pan and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the rice tender and all the liquid is absorbed.
15. Serve the seafood curry over rice.
16. Dot with butter and garnish with parsley if you like.