- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curry Laksa Recipe - Southeast Asian Cooking Recipe Video
|Curry paste||50 Gram (Penang curry paste used)|
|Coconut milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Grape tomatoes||12 Medium|
|Carrots||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Kaffir lime leaves||2|
|Fish stock/Chicken broth||1 Can (10 oz) (or water)|
|Flat rice noodles/Banh pho||100 Gram (Strained and rinsed)|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Palm sugar/Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Jumbo tiger prawns||6 Medium|
|Enoki mushrooms/White mushrooms||30 Gram (handful)|
|Fried tofu||50 Gram, sliced|
|Fresh green beans/Baby bok choy, peas||50 Gram|
|For the garnish|
|Sambal oelek||1 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Eggs||1 Medium, soft boiled (Halved per serving)|
Calories 609 Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50%
Saturated Fat 17 g85%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.2 mg
Sodium 986 mg41.1%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.6%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 23 g45.5%
Vitamin A 135.8% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large, deep skillet, heat oil on medium high and gently fry the Penang curry paste until fragrant. Add the coconut milk and whisk until the paste is dissolved. Add the grape tomatoes, carrots, onion and lime leaves.
2. Add fish or chicken stock or you can use water instead, mix and then loosely cover and simmer on medium low heat until the carrots are tender.
3. While you are waiting for the broth, boil the rice noodles until tender. Strain, rinse and set aside.
4. Add the fish sauce, palm sugar (or brown sugar) to balance the spice out.
5. Once the broth is ready, add the jumbo tiger prawns, cover and cook for about 3 minutes till they are just opaque.
6. Lastly add the sliced fried tofu, fresh green beans and tender enoki mushrooms.
7. To plate up, put some rice noodles into a large bowl, pour your assortment of toppings, then ladle in a generous helping of that spicy, aromatic broth over the top.
8. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro leaves and half a soft boiled egg and serve with some sambal oelek on the side.