- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curry Gravy - Easy and Quick Recipe Video
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red onions||1 Large, chopped|
|Ginger||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Garlic clove||3 , chopped|
|Cashew nuts||1 Tablespoon, broken|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 Medium, chopped|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use as required)|
|Fire roasted peppers||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped (Roasted red bell pepper used)|
|Chipotle peppers||1 , deseeded, cut into medium dices|
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 113.6 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 28.2%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Electronic hand blender
1. Heat a pot with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Add the chopped onions, stir and let it cook for a few minutes.
2. Add the chopped garlic and ginger, stir and cook along with the onions.
3. Add cashew nuts, a little salt and stir well.
4. When the onions, ginger and garlic are cooked well, add the chopped tomatoes and a little water, stir and cover to cook the tomatoes.
5. Once the tomatoes are cooked, add the roasted bell peppers and the chipotle peppers into the simmering pot. Turn off the heat and set the pot aside to cool.
6. Once cooled, using a hand blender blend the curry until smooth.
7. This curry can be used in any recipe as per your preference, adding the required spices.