- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curry Broiled Chicken Recipe
|Broiler fryer chicken||2 Pound, split in half|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.3 mg38.4%
Sodium 202.7 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 0.38 g0.13%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.83%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 21 g42.6%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place chicken, skin side down, in broiler pan, without rack. Brush surface with 1/4 cup of the melted butter.
3. Broil chicken, 8 inches from heat, 15 minutes, or until browned, brushing every 5 minutes with drippings.
4. Turn chicken skin side up. Brush with pan drippings; broil 5 minutes longer. Meanwhile,
in small bowl, combine the rest of the butter with curry, salt, and pepper.
5. Brush chicken again, using half the curry butter.
6. Broil chicken 5 minutes more. Then brush with rest of curry-butter mixture; broil 5 minutes longer or until nicely browned and chicken is crisp and tender.
7. To serve, carefully remove skewers from the chicken. Place each half on a serving plate.