- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Vegetable Pie Recipe
|Mixed vegetables||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked|
|Peanuts||2 Cup (32 tbs), roasted|
|Short crust pastry||1|
Calories 543 Calories from Fat 314
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.5%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.75 mg
Sodium 51.9 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.1%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 23 g45.7%
Vitamin A 44.8% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a pie dish, place the vegetables, pour sauce on top and add nuts.
3. Cover top with the rolled pastry and brush top with a little milk.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes until pastry is brown.
5. Spoon Curried Vegetable Pie and serve with a tangy or sweet and sour salad.
The best combination of vegetables for this dish are peas, cauliflower, carrots and mushrooms or celery, tomatoes and onions.