- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Puri In Buttermilk Sauce & Curried Garbanzo Beans Recipe Video
|Puris||8 , torn or cut up into pieces|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seasonings||To Taste (Of Choice)|
|Canned garbanzo beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Herbs||1 Teaspoon (Of Choice)|
|Spices||1 Teaspoon (Of Choice - Ginger, Green Chilies)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 642 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 799.1 mg33.3%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.6%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 14 g27.8%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 47.9%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Puris are Indian breads made from unleavened wheat flour dough and deep fried. They are usually served as breakfasts or as evening snacks along with a serving of vegetables or pickle.
Curried puris in buttermilk sauce can be made from leftover puris too as a quick snack or lunch.
Directions for preparing the puris:
• Sauté the onions in oil along with the spices in a sauce pan till they begin to brown.
• Add the hot water, salt and seasoning and slowly bring to a boil.
• Next add the pieces of the puris, buttermilk and again bring to a boil and simmer with a lid on the pan. Cook till it is done.
• Serve with rice.
Directions for preparing the curried garbanzo beans in tomato sauce:
• Sauté the diced potatoes in oil.
• Add tomatoes, herbs, spices and the garbanzo beans.
• Add ½ of the drained water from the can to the pan and bring it to a boil.
• Simmer for 7-10 minutes.
• Turn the heat off and serve hot with rice or flatbreads or bread rolls.