- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Chicken and Tomato Stew Recipe Video
|Curry powder||To Taste|
|Basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((RICE))|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) ((RICE))|
|Chicken breasts||4 Ounce, cubed ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped finely ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
|Raisins||1 Ounce ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
|Coconut milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) ((CURRIED CHICKEN))|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1356 Calories from Fat 423
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75%
Saturated Fat 18.6 g93.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg
Sodium 502.1 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 186 g62.1%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.1%
Sugars 25.2 g
Protein 44 g87.8%
Vitamin A 39.9% Vitamin C 114%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the basmati rice. In a pan, take 2 cups of warm water and add the rice to it. Heat it on medium flame to boil till the water is fully absorbed and rice is smooth and fluffy.
2. Cut the chicken breast to small cubes and keep aside.
3. Chop the onions, garlic and tomatoes seperately.
4. In a non- stick saucepan, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
5. Add garlic to it and saute for a minute till it gives off good flavor. Do not brown/burn them.
6. Add onions to this and saute for a few minutes till translucent.
7. Add Salt and pepper to taste.
8. To this add bell pepper and raisins and stir.
9. Add the tomatoes, coconut milk and stir.
10.Further add curry powder and chicken pieces to it.
11.Allow it to simmer till the chicken is fully cooked and tender.
12.Remove it from heat ready to be served.
12. Serve the chicken curry hot with steaming rice.