- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Asparagus Recipe
|Asparagus||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped greens||3 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Romano cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1196 Calories from Fat 629
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.7%
Saturated Fat 43.6 g217.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200.8 mg66.9%
Sodium 5557.6 mg231.6%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g34.9%
Dietary Fiber 27 g108.1%
Sugars 45.7 g
Protein 56 g112.1%
Vitamin A 268.7% Vitamin C 128.6%
Calcium 121.9% Iron 156.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut and off the tough ends of the asparagus.
2) Keep aside 3 spears for garnishing.
3) Diagonally cut the remaining asparagus into 1/2-inch slices.
4) Place in a large shallow pan and add 2 teaspoons salt.
5) Cover with water.
6) Cook over high heat till water comes to a boil, then reduce the heat.
7) Allow to simmer for about 8 minutes, till crisp-tender. Drain.
8) In a saucepan, heat butter.
9) Add in the onion, curry powder, and remaining salt and cook till bubbly.
10) While stirring, add in the flour and mix well.
11) Slowly add in the milk.
12) Continue to stir and cook over medium heat, for about 10 minutes, till the sauce thickens.
13) Add in the asparagus.
14) Transfer into a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
15) Add the reserved spears over top and top with cheese.
16) Place in the oven at 425 degrees, and bake for 15 minutes.
17) One-third cup of the milk may be replaced by 1/3 cup white wine.
18) Serve hot with garlic bread.