- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Tuna Tartar Recipe
|For curry sauce|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Mango chutney||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Red radish||1 Bunch (100 gm), rinsed, trimmed (Small, Round Variety)|
|Fresh chives||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|For the celery sauce|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose potato||1⁄2 Small (1/4 Inch Dices)|
|Celery stalks||3 , trimmed, sliced to 1/4-inch thickness|
|Celery leaves||10 , rinsed, dried|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 408 Calories from Fat 296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.4%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.3 mg
Sodium 588.7 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.2%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 7 g13.6%
Vitamin A 35.8% Vitamin C 40.7%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add water, curry powder and cook on low flame. Cook for 2 minutes to get a smooth mixture.
2) Add the mixture into a bowl and let cool. Add in mayonnaise, mustard, chutney, lemon juice, tabasco sauce and salt. Keep aside.
3) Slice the tuna into 1/4-inch dices. Slice 4 radishes very thin and transfer into ice cold water. Use the radishes for garnish.
4) Finely chop the remaining radishes and celery stalk. Slice the chives into 3-inch long sticks. Keep aside for garnish and finely chop the rest of the chives.
5) In a bowl, add diced tuna, curry sauce, radishes, celery and chives. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and let chill until serving time.
6) In a saucepan, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil. Saute the onions and curry powder over medium flame until the onions soften in about 2 to 3 minutes.
7) Add in the chicken stock and diced potato while turning up the heat to high. Let the potatoes come to boil in about 5 minutes.
8) When the potatoes have turned tender add in celery and salt. Boil for another 5 minutes until the celery turns soft.
Add the mixture into a blender and turn into a smooth puree.
9) Strain the puree into a bowl through a sieve. Let the puree cool down to room temperature before putting it to chill for about 2 hours.
10) Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan. When the oil becomes hot but not yet smoking, add in the celery leaves. Let the leaves become crisp cooking for about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
11) On a chilled serving plate, place a 2 1/2-inch, round-shaped cookie cutter in the centre. Fill in the tuna tartare inside the cookie cutter. Pack it in tightly.
12) Sprinkle celery leaves and chives.
13) Drizzle the celery sauce around the tuna tartare.