- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Pasta and Chicken Salad Recipe
|Elbow macaroni||2 Ounce|
|Chicken||8 Ounce, chopped|
|Chopped cooked chicken||8 Ounce (1 1/2 cup)|
|Apple||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped apple||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cashews/Peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 678 Calories from Fat 498
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.6%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.4 mg
Sodium 410.2 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 18 g35.2%
Vitamin A 17% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 11% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the macaroni as per the package directions, drain and rinse under cold running water; then drain well.
2) In a large bowl, mix the cooked pasta, chicken, apple, celery, and onion together.
3) In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, and salt together for the dressing.
4) Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and toss until thoroughly coated.
5) Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
6) Stir the cashews or peanuts into the pasta mixture.
7) Stir in the milk, if required, for the salad to acquire a creamy consistency.
8) Serve the salad in lettuce-lined bowls.