- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Lamb Casserole Recipe
|Lamb shoulder||2 Pound, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1 , crumbled|
|Potatoes||2 Pound, pared, very thinly sliced|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Pound, 1 can drained and 1 can un-drained (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (As Needed)|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 654 Calories from Fat 337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.8%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 107.4 mg35.8%
Sodium 1509.9 mg62.9%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 33 g66.2%
Vitamin A 27.9% Vitamin C 99.9%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 37.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© one third lamb cubes at a time for about 7 minutes until browned well on all sides; sautÃ© all in 3 batches or 20 minutes.
3. Remove lamb cubes from skillet as they brown and add onion, garlic, curry powder and bouillon cube to the drippings remained in the skillet; sautÃ© for about 5 minutes until onion slices are golden.
4. Return the lamb cubes to the skillet and mix well.
5. In a 3-quart casserole, line bottom with half of meat mixture and half of potato, salt, pepper, zucchini, artichoke hearts and tomatoes.
6. Spread a second layer with other half of these ingredients.
7. Cover the casserole and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
8. Uncover and baking for another 1 hour until lamb and potatoes are tender.
9. Garnish with chopped parsley.
10. Serve hot.