- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Lamb Casserole Recipe
|Prunes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lamb chops||4 (Use Thick Pieces)|
|Sultana raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , thinly sliced|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1714 Calories from Fat 853
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 526.2 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 145 g48.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42%
Sugars 46.4 g
Protein 74 g148.7%
Vitamin A 31.4% Vitamin C 40.2%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) For a minimum of 3 hours, soak the prunes and apricots in cold water. Drain.
3) After trimming the chops, sauté them in hot oil for some minutes.
4) In a deep, butter casserole which has a tightly-fitting lid, put a layer of fruit and sprinkle raisins all over. Add a slice or 2 of lemon and some of the rice. Sprinkle curry powder, pepper and salt all over. Continue placing alternate layers till all the ingredients have been used up.
5) On top of all the layers, place the chops and pour in about 3 cups of water.
6) Cover the casserole tightly and cook in preheated oven for 1 to 1 ¼ hours, or till most of the liquid has been absorbed.
7) Serve hot with tossed green salad after adjusting the seasoning.