- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Lamb Recipe
|Lean lamb leg||2 Pound, trimmed of all visible fat and cut into 3/4 inch cubes|
|Beef stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), defatted|
|Onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Tart apples||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Raisins||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 408 Calories from Fat 210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.9 mg
Sodium 276.6 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 30 g60.9%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 138.5%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons stock.
2) Over medium-high heat, brown the lamb in the stock. Add more stock, if required.
3) To this, add the onions and celery.
4) Continue to cook, stirring in between, for 2 minutes. Then, reduce the heat.
5) To this, now add the apples, raisins, curry powder and the remaining stock.
6) Simmer, covered, for 40 minutes. The lamb should be soft and the sauce, thick in consistency.
7) Serve with hot cooked rice.