- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Ham With Rice Recipe
|Canned pineapple chunks||8 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into strips|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cut into strips|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fully cooked ham strips||2 Cup (32 tbs) (2 Inches Long)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Water chestnuts||4 , sliced|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 39.1 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 27 g53.2%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 71.6%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take the pineapple chunks out of the can and keep the juice aside.
2. Put water in the juice to make it equal to a cup.
3. Take a heavy skillet, heat butter and put onion, green pepper, celery and curry powder in it.
4. Let the ingredients cook for 20 minutes on low flame with the lid on.
5. Add cornstarch and stir well.
6. Put pineapple juice, orange juice and pineapple in it and cook on low flame by stirring till the mixture thickens and gets frothy.
7. Cook for 1 more minute and add ham, almonds, and water chestnuts.
8. Once heated, turn off the heat.
9. Toss over hot cooked rice and serve.