- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Ham Steak Recipe
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Cloves||1 Pinch, ground (Curry Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Black forest ham slices||1 Pound (About 1 Inch Thick)|
Calories 217 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.8%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50 mg
Sodium 905.1 mg37.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 20.9 g
Protein 20 g41%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 54.5%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In 4-cup or 1 liter capacity bowl, combine orange juice, sugar, cornstarch, orange rind, curry powder and cloves and microwave at High for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes stirring twice during last half of cooking such that the mixture begins to thicken.
2. Slash the outside edges of ham at 1-inch (2.5 cm) intervals so that it does not curl up and placing in 11- x 7-inch (2 L) baking dish pour sauce over it.
3. With vented plastic wrap cover and microwave at High for 1 minute.
4. Then microwave at Medium (50%) for 5 to 6 minutes until ham is heated through and flavors are blended, rotating dish and spooning sauce over ham halfway through cooking time.
5. Let it stand for 5 minutes and serve hot with desired garnish.