- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Haddock Scallops Recipe
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|White coating sauce||1⁄2 Pint (300 ml)|
|Haddock fillets||1⁄2 Pound, poached, skinned and flaked (225g)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Ounce (15 g)|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled, boiled and mashed with butter and milk (450 g)|
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.7%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.3%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 47.9 mg
Sodium 837.5 mg34.9%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 41.5%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400°F.
2) In a saucepan, melt half of the butter and saute the onions for 3 minutes.
3) Add in the curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
4) Stir the white sauce, fish and seasoning, and stir until well mixed.
5) Spoon the fish mixture equally into 4 scallops shells or individual ovenproof dishes.
6) Dredge the breadcrumbs over the fish mixture.
7) Pipe the mashed potatoes on the side of the shells or dish.
8) With the remaining butter, dot the fish mixture.
9) Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until completely heated or lightly browned over the top.
10) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Wrap individually in freezer bags or foil, seal, label and freeze.
11) Serve hot in a serving plate with small mixed salad.
12) If using the frozen, scallop remove the wrapping and thaw at room temperature for 1 hour.
13) Bake in preheated moderately hot oven for20 minutes of until heated through.
14) Serve as explained in step 11