- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Fillets Almondine Recipe
|Fresh haddock fillets/Perch, flounder, cod or sole fillet||1 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped (Blanched)|
Calories 461 Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.3%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 34.9 mg11.6%
Sodium 675.6 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 16 g32.3%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl or a container combine flour, curry powder and salt and thoroughly coat fillets with the mixture.
2. In large skillet heat margarine, saute the fillets in the margarine over moderate heat until browned for about 4 minutes.
3. Then turn and brown the fish on the other side, such that the fish flakes easily with a fork and remove to a heated platter.
4. To the margarine remaining in the pan add almonds and cook, stirring until browned.
5. Pouring over fish, serve with chutney.