- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Egg Salad Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Long grain rice||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Stock||1 Pint (450 - 600 Milliliter)|
|Canned red pimento||1|
|Green eating apples||1|
|Hard-boiled eggs||4 Large|
|Curried mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Paprika||To Taste (For Garnish)|
|Watercress||1 (For Garnish)|
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.1%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 262 mg87.3%
Sodium 374.4 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.4%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 14 g28.8%
Vitamin A 23.8% Vitamin C 49.1%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cook for 10 minutes without browning.
3. Add the curry powder and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the rice, stir and cook until opaque, about 3 minutes.
5. Stir in 450 ml/3/4 pint of the stock and cook for 12-15 minutes until tender, or until the stock has been absorbed. If necessary, add the remaining stock.
6. When cooked, drain well and arrange on a serving plate to cool.
7. Cut the pimiento and apple into slices and stir into the cooled rice with seasoning to taste.
8. Cut the eggs in half and arrange cut side down on the rice.
9. Spoon the mayonnaise over the eggs.
10. Sprinkle the eggs with a little paprika and garnish with the watercress.