- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Egg Puffs Recipe
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Before Measuring)|
|Egg spread||2 Tablespoon, curried|
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.2%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 303.8 mg101.3%
Sodium 129.5 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.7%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.8% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
3. Heat water to a boil in a saucepan, and add butter or margarine.
4. When melted, tip in the flour all at once, and stir vigorously until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan cleanly, and forms a ball.
5. Remove from the heat and cool for 1 minute.
6. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat in each in turn thoroughly until mixture is smooth and glossy.
7. Drop mounds the size of small walnuts on the greased baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 10 minutes at the given high temperature, then reduce heat to 350°F and bake 10 to IS minutes longer.
9. Cool in the turned-off oven. When cold, cut tops off puffs with a sharp knife, and take out any soft dough with a teaspoon.
10. Fill the puffs with Curried Egg Spread. Replace tops of puffs if desired.