- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Chicken with Almonds Recipe
|Chicken breasts||1 Pound|
|Seasoned flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Condensed cream of chicken soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slivered|
Calories 697 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.6%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.1%
Trans Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 140 mg
Sodium 659.8 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 60 g120.5%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place the chicken breasts on a flat surface. Dust seasoned flour to coat both sides well.
2) Into a skillet, add the shortening. Saute the chicken breasts till they brown evenly.
3) In a bowl, add in the condensed cream of chicken soup, water and curry powder. Pour the mixture over the browned chicken.
4) Cover the skillet. Cook on low flame for 40 minutes or till the chicken becomes tender. Keep stirring. If needed, add more water to get the right consistency.
5) Lastly, add in the toasted almonds.
6) Cover the skillet and cook for 5 minutes longer.
7) Serve the Curried Chicken with Almonds hot over steamed rice or noodles.