- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Chicken Salad Recipe
|Whole chicken breasts||4|
|Celery stalks||1 (Plus 1/2 Cup Chopped Celery)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched|
|Red apples||1 , peeled, core and chopped finely|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Bibb lettuce head||1 , separated|
|Watercress||1 (As Needed)|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 1190 Calories from Fat 879
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g153.2%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.8 mg
Sodium 806.9 mg33.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.4%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 54 g108.5%
Vitamin A 65.8% Vitamin C 18.8%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 39.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In large saucepan, place chicken breasts with water to cover.
2) Stir in whole celery stalk to chicken and simmer 25 to 30 minutes.
3) In a small skillet, melt butter and sauté almonds for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
4) Using slotted spoon remove almonds from skillet and place on paper towels.
5) In a bowl, place apples and dredge with lemon juice.
6) Remove the skin and bone cooked chicken,
7) Cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes and set aside.
8) In a non-stick pan, sauté the bacon until crisp; crumble and set aside.
9) Stir in mayonnaise and curry powder until well-blended.
10) In a bowl, mix together chicken pieces, almonds, apples, 1/2 cup chopped celery, and curry mayonnaise.
11) Toss the chicken mixture to coat lightly.
12) Serve the Curried Chicken Salad on the bed of watercress and garnish with parsley.