- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Chicken Kabobs and Citrus & Shrimp Salad Recipe Video
|Radish||6 , thinly sliced (for salad (6 + 6 ounce for raita))|
|Grapefruit||1 Small, chop (for salad)|
|Orange||1 , chop (for salad)|
|Cucumber||1 , seeded and sliced thinly (for salad)|
|Mixed greens||1 Pint (for salad)|
|Olive oil||3 Teaspoon (for salad (1tsp for salad +2 tsp for chicken))|
|Sea salt||2 Teaspoon (for salad (1/2 tsp for salad + 1 teaspoon for chicken kabobs +1/2 tsp for raita))|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (for salad (1/ tsp for salad +1/2 tsp for raita))|
|Fresh shrimp||100 Gram (for salad)|
|Sesame seed||1 Teaspoon (for salad)|
|Boneless chicken cubes||1 Pound (for chicken kabobs)|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon (for chicken kabobs)|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for chicken kabobs (1/4cup+ 10 ounce for raita)) (Optional)|
|Goat cheese||3 Ounce (for radish raita)|
Calories 853 Calories from Fat 326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.8%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g81.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 294.1 mg
Sodium 2122.7 mg88.4%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.3%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 85 g170.1%
Vitamin A 236% Vitamin C 177.9%
Calcium 90.5% Iron 51.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut vegetables and fruits as shown in the video.
2. For kabobs, season chicken with olive oil, salt, curry powder, and yogurt. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes or overnight.
3. For citrus shrimp salad, in a bowl combine radish, orange, cucumber, and grapefruit. Mix.
4. Take the end of orange and squeeze juice over the top of the mixture.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Drizzle some olive oil and toss it well.
6. For chicken kabobs, thread chicken on skewers, leaving space between them.
7. Place it on grill and cook until done.
8. For radish raita, in a large bowl combine together goat cheese and yogurt. Mix well into a smooth mixture.
9. Season with salt and pepper. Add radish slices to the mixture.
10. For salad, transfer salad on a serving plate, and top it with shrimp pieces. Sprinkle mixed greens and sesame seeds on it.
11. On a serving plate spoon some raita, place kabobs and salad on it.
12. Serve chicken kabob immediately with mint and orange zest garnish.