- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Chicken Filling Recipe
|Apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled and diced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 818 Calories from Fat 384
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.1%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 205.3 mg
Sodium 496.3 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.4%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 61 g122.8%
Vitamin A 24.6% Vitamin C 29.6%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet, heat butter and saute onion, apple and garlic for 5 minutes without browning.
2. Add salt, flour, pepper and curry powder and stir the mixture until smooth, and cook for about a minute.
3. Stir in chicken stock and cook until the sauce thickens and mixture boils.
4. Stir in diced chicken and cook until the mixture is thoroughly heated.
5. Spoon the mixture into cooked pastry shells.
6. Sprinkle chopped parsley over the pastry shells before serving.