- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Chicken Breast with Basmati Pilaf Recipe Video
|Chicken breasts||4 , skinless, boneless|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut milk||10 Ounce|
|Green curry paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Chili garlic sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Asian Chili Garlic Sauce)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cornstarch||2 Tablespoon, mixed with 1 tablespoon water to form a slurry|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mandarin oranges/1 small tin canned mandarin orange||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||2 , sliced|
|Basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3101 Calories from Fat 1093
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g198.1%
Saturated Fat 80.7 g403.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3627.5 mg151.1%
Total Carbohydrates 263 g87.8%
Dietary Fiber 22.5 g90.2%
Sugars 52.1 g
Protein 241 g481.3%
Vitamin A 52.1% Vitamin C 220.9%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 54%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 DEGREES F.
2. Spray a shallow casserole dish with cooking spray.
3. Sprinkle chicken breasts on both sides with the salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder mixture and place in casserole.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the coconut milk; curry paste, chili garlic sauce, brown sugar, salt, lemon juice, and curry powder.
5. Pour over chicken, cover, and bake for 55 minutes.
6. When chicken has baked for 55 minutes, remove from oven and add the cornstarch slurry.
7. Stir well into sauce, cover, and return to oven for five minutes.
8. This will perfectly thicken the sauce.
9. When the chicken has been in the oven 40 minutes, begin cooking the rice according to package directions.
10. In a non stick pan, toast the sliced almonds and coconut over medium heat, stirring constantly until the almonds are golden brown and the coconut is brown and crispy.
11. Set aside until ready to serve.
12. When the rice is cooked, add the green onions, mandarin oranges, and 1/2 the toasted almond and coconut mixture.
13. Stir and place a dollop of the rice onto a plate.
14. Place a chicken breast over the rice, and spoon a generous amount of sauce over all.
15. When each chicken breast is plated, top each with an equal amount of the reserved toasted almond and coconut mixture and serve.