- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Lentil Stew with Bacon and Chicken Recipe Video
|Black pepper/Curry powder - 2 tablespoons||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Bacon||8 Ounce (Diced)|
|Chicken breast||1 Pound (Diced)|
|Onion||1 Medium (Diced)|
|Carrots||3 Medium (Diced)|
|Celery stalks||3 Medium (Diced)|
|Tomatoes||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs) (Diced)|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 711 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.8 mg
Sodium 1430.2 mg59.6%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 39.9 g159.5%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 64 g128.7%
Vitamin A 184.8% Vitamin C 62.7%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 59.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a stew pot, add 8 ounces of bacon and cook till crispy.
2. Next, add a pound of diced chicken and continue to cook.
3. Add 1 onion, 3 carrots, 3 stalks of celery into the stew pot and cook till tender.
4. Add ½ teaspoon of pepper, 2 teaspoons of garlic, 2 ½ teaspoons of curry powder, ½ teaspoon of salt into the pot.
5. Add 3 ½ cups of diced tomatoes, a pound of lentils, 6 cups of chicken broth and continue to stir and bring to boil.
6. Serve the stew hot in a bowl with a portion of naan or any kind of flatbread.