- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Celery Recipe
|Sliced celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tart apple||1 , pared, cored, chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 58 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.24 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 149 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 0.81 g1.6%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 93.7%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, pour boiling water to cover 1/2 inch of the vessel, add salt, celery and cook for 5 minutes or till celery turns bit soft yet stays crisp.
2) Drain the celery and keep aside the cooking liquid.
3) In the same saucepan, melt margarine on medium flame and saute the onions and apples.
4) As the onions turn soft and transluscent, stir in cornstarch and curry powder and cook for 2 minutes.
5) Next, turn down the flame and add in 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking liquid.
6) After cooking for another 5 minutes, add the celery and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
7) Serve the Curried Celery as a side dish.