- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Cauliflower with Peas Recipe
|Cauliflower||5 Cup (80 tbs) (1 1/2-Inch Florets, From A 2-Pound Head)|
|Frozen peas/1 1/2 pounds unshelled peas, to yield about 1 3/4 cups||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Dried currants||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.3 mg
Sodium 346.3 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.4%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 80%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, fill water and bring the water to a boil.
2) Add the cauliflower, let the water return to a boil and cook over moderate heat until the cauliflower is just tender, about 5 minutes.
3) Drain the cauliflower into a colander and refresh under cold running water. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
4) In another saucepan of boiling water, cook the peas until just tender, about 2 minutes if using frozen, somewhat longer for fresh peas.
5) Drain, refresh under cold running water and drain well. Add the peas and the currants to the cauliflower.
6) In a small skillet, heat oil over moderate heat and add curry powder. Stir for 1 minute.
7) In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt and salt.
8) Scrape in the curried oil and stir until smooth.
9) Add the curried yogurt mixture to the vegetables and stir to coat well. Allow to marinate at room temperature for at least 1 and up to 6 hours.
10) In a serving platter, arrange the marinated vegetables nicely. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.