- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Cauliflower And Eggplant Recipe
|Cauliflower||1 , separated into flowerets|
|Eggplant||1 Medium, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Black mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Mineral salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Extracted From Whole Lemon)|
|Tomato||1 , cut into wedges|
Calories 88 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.74%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1026.3 mg42.8%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.4%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 147.4%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, add the mustard seeds in the heated oil and allow them to splatter.
2) Stir in the turmeric and cauliflower and saute for about 3 minutes.
3) Pour 1/2 C water and simmer covered on a low heat for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the garlic, eggplant and spices and saute for 3 minutes.
5) Pour about 1 C water and simmer covered for 15 minutes over a medium heat until the vegetables are tender.
6) Stir in the tomato wedges and lemon juice, mix well.
7) Serve immediately on a serving platter.