- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Cauliflower Recipe
|Cauliflower head||1 Small|
|Mustard seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 352.4 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 74.6%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Break the cauliflower into small florets and soak in hot, salted water until cooking time.
2. In a medium skillet, heat the oil over a medium flame.
3. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and allow them to crackle. The seeds should pop.
4. When the mustard seeds start to pop, add the turmeric, curry powder and salt.
5. Sauté the spices for 30 seconds, then add the drained cauliflower florets and continue to sauté will the cauliflower is coated with the spices.
6. Pour in the water and stir in the honey.
7. Reduce the flame, cover the skillet and allow the cauliflower to simmer.
8. Stirring occasionally, cook the cauliflower for 15 minutes until it is tender but not soft.
9. Empty the cauliflower curry into the serving dish.
10. Serve hot as a side dish with Indian bread or with steamed rice and a lentil curry.