- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Carrot Soup Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Carrots||6 Medium, diced|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Dill||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 122 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.6 mg
Sodium 366.5 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 156.3% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a non-stick pan, heat butter and sauté onions until translucent.
2) Stir in all ingredients, except sherry, sour cream, and dill, with the onions.
3) Put the lid on and simmer until carrots are cooked, but not mushy.
4) Take the pan away from heat and allow to cool.
5) In a blender, place the onion mixture and blend until smooth.
6) Stir in the sherry.
7) Transfer the blended mixture into a bowl, cover and refrigerate until chill.
8) When ready to serve, garnish with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of dill.