- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Broccoli Stars Recipe
|Unsalted butter/Corn oil / margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Sliced broccoli stem||4 Cup (64 tbs), steam-cooked (Or Broccoli Stars)|
Calories 61 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg
Sodium 32.9 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.06 g0.25%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 186.5%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, heat butter or margarine.
2) To the melted butter, add the curry powder and pepper. Mix well.
3) To this, add the Broccoli Stars.
4) Heat well, stirring in between. Do not overcook. Broccoli pieces will lose their crispness and color, if overcooked.
5) Transfer to decorative plates and serve fresh.