- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Apple Onion Compote Recipe Video
|Green onions||2 Medium|
|Golden delicious apples||2 Medium|
|Gala apples||2 Medium|
|Coconut pal sugar/Sugar||1 Tablespoon (or any substitution)|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch, freshly crushed (as needed, to taste)|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon, prepared (or homemade)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 905 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.5%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg21.5%
Sodium 291.3 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 181 g60.3%
Dietary Fiber 26.5 g106.2%
Sugars 134.1 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 44.9% Vitamin C 65.2%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim and slice the green onions.
2) Peel, core and dice the apples.
3) In a small sauce pot, add butter and sliced green onions, cook for two minutes over medium low heat to sweat the onions.
4) Add the apples, water, sugar, kosher salt, black pepper and curry power. Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.
5) Allow the compote to cool, then mash it up with a masher or process in a food processor until smooth.
6) Serve the Curried Apple Onion Compote as an accompaniment to roast pork, turkey, chicken or on Thanksgiving sandwiches.