- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curried Acorn Squash Recipe
|Acorn squash||6 Large, halved, seeds removed|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apples||2 Medium, unpeeled, diced|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs) (1 Cup Raw)|
|Sunflower seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shells removed|
Calories 643 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.8%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.4 mg
Sodium 360.8 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 140 g46.7%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71.1%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 12 g23.3%
Vitamin A 78.8% Vitamin C 190.8%
Calcium 35.8% Iron 50.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) In a shallow baking dish with 1/2 inch of boiling water, place the squash halves with the cut sides down.
3) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until done. Alternately, cook in the microwave on HIGH for 12-14 minutes, turn and rotate at an interval of 4 minutes.
4) In a large saucepan, saute the onions and curry powder in butter over a medium heat. Alternately, cook in the microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes.
5) Stir in the apples and cook for about 3 minutes. Alternately, cook in the microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes.
6) Stir in the rice, sunflower seeds and salt, blend well.
7) Spoon the stuffing into the squash and refrigerate ( up to 4 days or freeze for 3 months)
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Alternately, cook in the microwave on HIGH for 3-6 minutes.
9) Serve in a nice plate.