- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Currant Jam Recipe
|Currants||5 1⁄4 Cup (84 tbs), stemmed|
|Sugar||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3823 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.8%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.3 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 985 g328.3%
Dietary Fiber 25.5 g101.8%
Sugars 943.6 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 436.3%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 33.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, Place currant and crush them; heat slightly to release juice.
2. Stir in sugar until well dissolved.
3. Stir in lemon juice; shake pan in circular motion and bring the mixture to boil.
4. Stir constantly and boil until jellying point.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process in boiling water for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Serve Currant Jam with pancakes, waffles, cupcakes or cakes.