- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cumberland Sauce Recipe
|Red currant jelly||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ruby port wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon, finely slivered|
|Lemon zest||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely slivered|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shallots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, coarsely ground|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1743 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3%
Saturated Fat 0.23 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1285.2 mg53.5%
Total Carbohydrates 426 g142.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.9%
Sugars 275.9 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 152.8%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 25.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, mix all the ingredients.
2) Stir the mixture often for 5 to 10 minutes until the jelly has dissolved.
3) Transfer the jelly mixture to a bowl and allow cooling to room temperature.
4) Keep the sauce in refrigerator for about 2 hours until it sets to a jelly consistency.
5) Use as required at once or cover and store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.