- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cumberland Roast Leg Of Lamb Recipe
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thin lemon slices||5|
|Currant jelly||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumberland sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1343 Calories from Fat 416
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.5%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g98.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.8 mg
Sodium 2162.7 mg90.1%
Total Carbohydrates 157 g52.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 145.9 g
Protein 64 g128%
Vitamin A 19.8% Vitamin C 99.4%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 35.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Roast in slow oven (325°) 2 hours. Remove from oven.
3. Cut lemon slices in half; arrange slices, petal-fashion, on side of roast, holding in place with dampened wooden picks.
4. Break up jelly with a fork in a cup; stir in lemon juice; spread over lamb. Return to oven.
5. Continue roasting 1/2 to 1 hour longer, or until thermometer registers 160° for pinky-medium, 180° for well done.
6. Remove to heated serving platter; pull out wooden picks from lemon garnish before carving roast. Keep hot while making gravy.